Friday, 4 February 2011

New Book Just Released!

'Secret of the Sands'
by Sara Sheridan


Published by: Avon Harper Collins
Release date: 3rd February 2011

Zena, a headstrong and determined young Abyssinian beauty has been torn from her remote village, subjected to a tortuous journey and is now being offered for sale in the market of Muscat. By an unexpected twist of fate – Zena finds herself the property of Lieutenant James Wellstead, now on a daring rescue mission into forbidding territory. Master and slave are drawn ever closer, but as danger faces them at every turn, they must endure heartache and uncertainty – neither of them knowing what fortune awaits them as they make their hazardous way through the shifting sands.

Sara Sheridan was born in Edinburgh and studied English Literature at Trinity College Dublin. In 2000 her first novel, Truth or Darewon a place in the 100 Best Scottish Books, as part of the Scottish Library Award. She was also included in Companymagazine's Top Ten Young Writers Under Thirty and was nominated for a Saltire Award in 2003.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks, I'll be looking out for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting. Did you rate this one on Goodreads? Do you read mainly new books? What about your writing? Have you had anything published yet? I do need help with blogging, I don't even know where to start asking questions. Not sure how to send and receive messages except in these comments--I wish this worked more like Goodreads! Also, what is a GFC follower? And how do you find followers when you are just starting out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karyn!
    Thanks for visiting. This is a good book. I'm about three quarters way through reading it at the moment and will post a review here when I am finished. Rather than try to chat here in relation to your many questions, drop me am e-mail to: thesecretwriter@boxbe.com
    and I'll try to answer your questions by e-mail which would be a lot easier! Take care for now.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! I wrote this book - always love picking up news of my work on the internet. Can't wait to see what you think of it. Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sara, thanks for calling by the 'Secret Writer'! Your book tells a great story which I am really enjoying reading, but I'll say no more here for now. I'll save it for the review!!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congradulations!! I want to pass this wonderful little Award on to you and your awesome blog!!

    http://middleoftheroadreviews.blogspot.com/2011/02/we-recieved-award.html

    ReplyDelete