Sunday, 5 May 2013

Trip to Prague 2013 (2)


Another window from inside the cathedral



The 'Child of Prague' Shrine



Part of the famous John Lennon Wall



A 'strange figure' close to the Charles Bridge! This is the Czech fairy tale character 'Water Goblin', who lives under the water and keeps the souls of the people who were drowned!



The famous  Prague clock!




A shop window display.



One of the famous Prague trams



View from the Charles Bridge in Prague



Another view of the Charles Bridge at night from a boat on the river



A market in the centre of Prague



Outside the Jewish Cemetery in Prague




The architecture in Prague is truly amazing!


4 comments:

  1. Wow, those pictures are amazing! I've always wanted to go to Prague...I hear from many of my friends it's the most beautiful place in the world! You're so lucky to have gone!

    Dee @ Dee's Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dee! I had never been to Prague before, so was not too sure of what to expect. I should not have worried. It was a very beautiful and very clean city. It was also very easy to get around between walking, the trams and the underground. The sun shone for the first couple of days even though the temperature was in the minus numbers. After I took the night shot of the bridge from the river it actually started to snow!! :-) Everything was then turned quickly white. It was magical! I would thoroughly recommend a visit to Prague if you ever got the chance to go. The people there are very nice, quiet and reserved. I was amazed to see young people sitting reading books on the underground trains! You would not see that too often here in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love our capital as much as you do!

    That strange figure is one of our fairytale characters, water goblin who lives under the water and keep the souls of people who were drowned

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for calling by Vendea! I have been wondering for a while now what the figure represented. I never got a chance to ask anyone what it was. Now I know! Amazing. :-) I'll amend my post now armed with this new knowledge! I loved your capital!

    ReplyDelete