Monday, 15 July 2013

'Brown County Mornings' by Gary Moore


Release date: 11th September 2013
Published by: Indiana University Press
ISBN No: 978 0253011251


Rolling hills, rich forests, and beautiful vistas have made Brown County, Indiana, a favorite haunt of painters and ordinary tourists. In this gorgeous collection, landscape photographer Gary Moore reveals the spirit of the place in the morning hours as it awakens to the new day. Complementing Moore's wonderful photographs is a text by James P. Eagleman, one of the area's lifelong naturalists, which showcases the county's unique flora and fauna. Included with more than 100 color landscape photographs are Moore's tips on composition, atmosphere, and lighting, encouraging readers to test their creativity with whatever equipment they possess. A book to treasure, Brown County Mornings beckons visitors to enjoy this magical place at any time of day or year.



Copyright: Amazon Synopsis

2 comments:

  1. Hi Calum,

    It seems like ages since I last stopped by, I hope that life is treating you well.

    What a great book to feast my eyes on, when I do decide to visit.

    I really wanted to find out more about the photographer and after much digging around, I struck gold when I came across this site, which features some of Gary's fantastic pictures. What a great way to spend half an hour!

    http://www.larryulrich.com/index.php?page=photographer.php&param=pid&value=25&p=1

    Thanks for featuring this book.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yvonne! I took yesterday as a day away from my computer and blogging as it was my birthday. It's great to be 22 again! lol What a great surprise to find your messages here when I returned :-) I'd often wondered how things were going for you. It must have been ESP on my part in relation to this particular book ;-) I'm glad this book post has turned out to be useful for you! :-)

      Delete